Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing you with the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Get to know you and learn about your goals, desires and concerns with your oral health
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take any necessary photos and x-rays
- Complete an oral cancer screening
- Assess your periodontal health to determine the amount of time and what type of cleaning is appropriate for you
- Examine your TMJs (temporomandibular joints) and your bite
- Check for cavities and defective restorations
- Take a tour of your mouth using our intra-oral camera that will let you see everything the doctor is seeing
- Help you create your own individual treatment plan and answer any questions you may have
After your checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that your appointments can last between 45 and 90 minutes.